AMI MUSIK DS5
The AMI MUSIK DS5 is the perfect Audio Music Interface for your desktop audio lifestyle.
With its digital-to-analog converter (DAC), standalone DAC and Headphone Amplifier supporting 2.8MHz (DSD64)/5.6MHz (DSD128), you will enjoy great audio experience. The AMI MUSIK DS5 supports 24bit/192kHz audio (24/192) in asynchronous mode-lossless audio of the same quality as HD audio master recordings.
Smart and compact size high end DAC and Headphone Amp implemented with the latest audio technologies.
The AMI MUSIK DS5 is compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux and support both native DSD and DoP in Windows and DoP in Mac.
iPad 2 and up is supported with Camera kit and supporting App. player (eg. Onkyo HF player app)
Bundled* with Clicktronic premium grade USB cable (1.8m) from Germany. (visit Clicktronic® site for cable information)
* Clicktronic cable will be bundled subject to stock availability at time of production.
We would like to recommend the Best of Two Worlds Solution-power supply (for Europe only) from Squeeze-upgrade to get the most out of your AMI MUSIK DS5. For more information follow this link.
1. Volume knob & Power button
- Volume control: Turn the volume knob for controlling the volume (up to 56 levels)
- When turning the volume knob, the LED will instantly show the volume level (approximately 7 levels are represented by 1 LED)
- When in fixed mode, the line out volume is set to “fixed”. The volume knob would not control the volume of the line out, but would continue to control the volume of the headphone out.
- “The AMI MUSIK DS5 headphone digital volume use the TPA6134 headphone IC internal volume control feature, and thus is controlled independently from the DAC volume control. This is not a digital stream process and thus does not affect the bit solution and thus, no loss in audio quality”.
- On/Off power button: Push the volume knob for approximately 1 second for power on/off
2. Input (default: USB)
- Push button to select input source (USB – Coaxial – Optical)
3. Output (default: Line)
- Push button to select output source (RCA Line out – Headphone out)
4. Headphone output
• Push Output button to select headphone out mode
- Sample rate indicator
- Input/output indicator
- Volume indicator
- Different setting indicator (fixed/variable mode, etc…)
6. Line output: Standard dual RCA stereo line output jack support pure DAC mode (fixed gain) and preamp mode (variable gain).
7. Coaxial input: Support up to 24bit/192kHz coaxial RCA S/PDIF input (Standalone DAC support)
8. Optical input: Support up to 24bit/192kHz TOSLINK S/PDIF input (Standalone DAC support)
9. USB input: Support up to 24bit/192kHz and high-speed asynchronous mode USB input
10. DC input: DC 5V 3A adopter input
11. Ground: Ground connection
- DSD DAC and headphone amp supporting 2.8MHz (DSD64)/5.6MHz (DSD128)
- Standalone DAC support (with coaxial and optical input)
- Asynchronous USB operation: bit-perfect digital audio and low clock jitter.
- USB audio class 2 (up to 24bit/192kHz) and high-speed asynchronous mode: Microsoft Windows® XP, Windows® Vista and Windows® 7 (32bit/64bit) with special driver compatible with WDM/Direct X, ASIO 2.2 and WASAPI exclusive. Apple OSX version 10.6.4 and above & Linux Kernel 2.6.37 and above (no driver install required).
- Suport native DSD and DoP in Windows & DoP in Mac.
- Atmel SAM3 Cortex™-M3 microcontroller to supporting 24bit/192kHz, DSD64/DSD128 audio data
- Customized AMANERO Technologies COMBO384 USB 2.0 Audio Class solution supporting PCM 24bit/192kHz and DSD64/DSD128. This solution provides Mute/DSD out enable pin allowing to safely shifting between PCM and DSD.
- AMANERO firmware update manager allows updating possible future firmware via online.
- Cirrus Logic CS4398 (120dB, 192kHz multibit DAC) 120dB dynamic range, advanced segment DAC architecture supporting DSD64/DSD128 format and automatic mute algorithm.
- Wolfson WM8804 S/PDIF transceiver supporting advanced jitter attenuating PLL with low intrinsic period jitter of 50 ps RMS providing even best audio playback experience from external signal input.
- TI TPA6130A2 Stereo headphone amplifier for superior PCM and DSD signal playback via headphone (Max 16 O 138mW)
- Over voltage protection logic. In case of AMI MUSIK DS5 reaches 5.5V, the protection logic would activate to protect the DAC, and various IC.
- 2 W 1:1 input range, dual unregulated output, 1000 Vdc isolation, DC-DC converter
- High-efficiency analog power supply circuitry for supporting secondary rectification by linear regulator for isolating +/- 12V unregulated power generated from the +5V external power thoroughly blocking external intervention from analog power and providing clean, low energy, low heat DC power
- Dual line output mode support pure DAC mode (fixed gain) and preamp mode (variable gain, digital volume control)
- 20PPR Mechanical Encoders Quadrature 20-step encoder allowing control of On/Off power, volume control, DFU mode in/output.
- Power, digital volume control and sampling rate are indicated through LED.
- Fade in/out featured for switching mode and playback for your hearing protection.
- 5T aluminum front/top for anti-vibration
- LED for sample rate, input and output status, volume level and different settings indication.
Dimensions 150 x 40 x 140mm (W x H x D)
- USB HS 2.0 (USB Audio CLASS 2.0 / DSD over USB PCM token FA05 / PCM, DSD Native Stream)
- Support PCM 24bit 192kHz
- Support DSD 64 (2.8MHz) / DSD 128 (5.6MHz)
- Optical x 1EA (50Mbps/192kHz max / WM8804)
- Coaxial x 1EA (75O/192kHz max / WM8804)
- D/A converter: Cirrus Logic CS4398 (120dB, 192kHz Multi-Bit DAC)
- Dynamic range: 120dB A-Weighted (component spec)
- Signal noise ratio: 120dB A-Weighted (component spec)
- THD+N: 0.0005% (component spec)
- Supported PCM sampling rates: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz
- Supported DSD SCLK frequency: DSD64 (2.8MHz) / DSD128 (5.6MHz)
- Matched PCM / DSD analog level out (2.2Vrms pair)
- 2 RCA x 1EA (2.2Vrms, gold plated RCA output)
- 6.3mm phone jack x 1EA (2Vrms max, gold plated 6.3 headphone jack output)
- Supported headphone impedance: 16-300O
- Output level: 150mW(16O loaded)
- Frequency response 20Hz~48kHz
- THD 0.02%@1kHz
- Type: 2.1mm DC Jack (external power input)
- Maximum input: 5VDC 3A
- Over voltage protection: 5.5VDC limit (shutdown operation)
The following items are included with the “AMI MUSIK DS5″ package:
- AMI MUSIK DS5 x 1
- 5V 3A AC-DC Adaptor x 1
- Clickronic high end USB A male – USB cable (1.8m) x 1
- 3M bumpon x 4
- Quick start guide x 1
- Driver Installation & Manual CD-ROM