Something thinner and shallower than the Canterbury GR, the Tannoy Kensington GR is the ideal speaker for those who want to enjoy the best we could call the Tannoy "Prestige GR" experience. With a construction that, like its older sisters, is completely handmade but at the same time benefits from the contributions of the most advanced numerically controlled machine tools, the Tannoy Kensington GR is a genuine tribute to the unique blend of respect By the tradition and bet by the technology tip that has guided the steps of Tannoy in its long and fruitful existence. The key to this beautiful and refined acoustic box is found in an imposing "Dual Concentric" coaxial system with treated paper pulp cone of very high rigidity of 254 mm in diameter that integrates a treble speaker with diaphragm of aluminum alloy. The diaphragm is attached to a copper-coated aluminum coil that, together with a peripheral suspension of Mylar and powered by a powerful magnetic motor with magnet of AlNiCo developed by Tannoy, allows a softer and even more natural sound. The "Deep Cryogenic Treatment" (DCT) scheme used in the frequency divider filter, a complex process that improves the sound quality of the components used in it, thanks to the exceptional nature of the Kensington GR engineering. Subtle refinements that it introduces into the metallic crystal structure of the entire signal path. On the other hand, the use of a bass-reflex enclosure with a distributed port created by Tannoy allows the Kensington GR to exercise a highly precise control over the mass of air present in that port, being the result an extremely natural bass response in terms of Definition, depth and impact that contributes brilliantly to reinforce the spatial component of music by facilitating the adaptation to a wide spectrum of domestic rooms.
- Speaker box.
- 2-way bass reflex system with distributed port.
- "Dual Concentric" coaxial transducer of 254 mm diameter with moving coil of 52 mm diameter
- 51mm diameter dome tweeter equipped with Tannoy's unique "Pepperpot" waveguide.
- Diffuser filter with "Deep Cryogenic Treatment" (DCT) technology executed with rigorously selected components (ICW ClarityCap MR capacitors, high purity silver cables, low loss coils with laminated core and last generation thick film resistors).
- Multi-position divider filter adjustable by the user.
- Frequency response of 29-22,000 Hz (cutoff points at -6 dB).
- Sensitivity of 94 dB / W / m.
- Nominal impedance of 8 ohms.
- Amplification power between 50 and 225 watts continuous.
- Dimensions: 406x1,100x338 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 37 kg.