Slightly more stylized than its big sister, the monumental Tannoy Westminster Royal GR, the Tannoy Canterbury GR is a very high performance speakers that benefits from the improvements made by the veteran Tannoy to its range of more elitist and timeless speakers. Manufactured by artisans who conceive their work as a unique combination of passion for music and pursuit of perfection, the Canterbury GR bases its power in the presence of the utmost expression of Tannoy's concept of "Dual Concentric" coaxial transducer system, which Is reinforced by innovative engineering elements exclusive to the British firm to obtain a pleasing sound of naturalness in all types of rooms. In the Tannoy Canterbury GR, an imposing very high-stiff treated paper pulp cone of 381 mm in diameter is combined with an aluminum alloy diaphragm tweeter. The diaphragm is attached to a copper-coated aluminum coil that, together with a peripheral suspension of Mylar and powered by a powerful magnetic motor with magnet of AlNiCo developed by Tannoy, allows a softer and even more natural sound. From the exceptional engineering of the Canterbury GR, it speaks especially to the "Deep Cryogenic Treatment" (DCT) used in the frequency divider filter, a complex process that improves the sound quality of the components used in the same thanks to the subtle refinements that Introduces into the metallic crystal structure the entire signal path. On the other hand, the use of a bass-reflex enclosure with a double variable port allows the Canterbury GR to exercise a detailed control over the air mass present in these ports, resulting in a sublime serious response in its definition, extension and Impact that contributes brilliantly to reinforce the spatial component of the music
- Absolute reference loudspeaker.
- 2-way bass reflex system with dual variable port.
- "Ultima Concentric" coaxial transducer of last generation of 381 mm of diameter with mobile coil of 52 mm of diameter.
- 51mm diameter dome tweeter equipped with Tannoy's unique "Pepperpot" waveguide.
- "Deep Cryogenic Treatment" (DCT) technology with ICW ClarityCap ™ capacitors, high purity silver cables, low loss coils with laminated core and latest generation thick film resistors
- Multi-position divider filter adjustable by the user.
- Frequency response of 28-22,000 Hz (cutoff points at -6 dB).
- Sensitivity of 96 dB / W / m.
- Nominal impedance of 8 ohms.
- Amplification power between 50 and 275 continuous watts.
- Dimensions: 680x1.100x480 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 63 kg.