Ruggedized Travel Case For all LCD Headphones
“I love the tough waterproof road case. Every expensive set of headphones ought to come with as solid a road case as do the LCD-3s,” wrote Ken Rockwell in his review.
Audeze’s custom-built travel case is the perfect way to protect your headphone investment, even if you drop it, spill liquids on it, bring it to a Head-Fi meet or the recording studio. As long as your headphones are in this case (and it’s closed), it’ll keep them safe using Department of Defense (DoD) level specifications.
Our customers asked us for a travel case that’s tough-as-nails, so we evaluated dozens of them before teaming up with SKB. This high-end case company from California has been around for over 40 years. Professional musicians, photographers, and even the military have raved about SKB’s quality and durability.
The Audeze case features design elements tested to meet or exceed US DoD specifications for specialized shipping containers. The ultra-high-strength polypropylene copolymer shell is extremely durable and resistant to corrosion and impact damage. The case is gasketed, waterproof (DoD MIL-STD-C-4150J), airtight, submersible (IP67), and UV and corrosion and solvent resistant (DoD MIL-STD-810F). It even has an automatic ambient pressure equalization valve (DoD MIL-STD-648C & IP67) so you can open it after changing altitudes.
Building a Better Case
Some cases feature surprisingly flimsy latches but our oversized, patent-pending trigger release latch makes it easy to open the case. It’s even padlock lockable. And its snap-down, cushion grip handle makes it easy to carry. Most importantly, regardless of what’s going on outside the case, the LCDs fit comfortably in customized foam that further absorbs shock.
Despite its military bearing many of our customers tell us that the ruggedized travel case is attractive. In fact some owners who chose the luxury case decided to buy the ruggedized case too—one for home, one for the road!
- Safe - Waterproof (MIL-STD-C-4150J), Gasketed, airtight, water vapor and waterproof and submersible (IP67) - resists corrosion and impact damage
- Durable - UV, solvent, corrosion, and fungus resistant (MIL-STD-810F)
- The ultra-high-strength polypropylene copolymer box is built to last
- Easy open - A patent pending trigger release latch system closes with a reassuring click
- Lockable - Apply your favorite lock
- Perfect fit - Customized foam seats the LCDs comfortably
- Easy to carry - Our snap-down rubber-over-molded cushion grip handle is comfortable and solid
- Open at any altitude - An automatic ambient pressure equalization valve (MIL-STD-648C & IP67) ensures use anywhere at any altitude!
- Dimensions - 10.75" x 9.5" x 7.0"