Occasionally we receive customer feedback that Audeze headphones fit a bit too snug. As a result, Audeze offers 1” longer custom-machined yoke rods that allow the earpads and drivers to extend farther around the head.
These 3 ½” extended yoke rods, like our standard yokes, are fabricated from aluminum in limited runs by a computer-controlled lathe. The process is as follows:
- Before each run trained machinists calibrate the computer numerical controlled (CNC) lathes
- CNC lathes are programmed, set, and run through trials to ensure consistent quality
- CNC milling uses cutters that precisely remove material via rotating rods
- Cutting rods are tumble-finished to smooth and polish any rough surfaces
- A surface finishing process called passivation strengthens the yoke rods and protects them from corrosion
- A trained supervisor double-checks the parts
If you’ve wished your Audeze headphones were a little bigger or looser-fitting, Audeze goes the extra step to assure your comfort.
3 ½” long (compared with 2 ½” for the standard pin)