Created especially to celebrate the silver wedding of Pro-Ject Audio Systems, the DAC Box DS2 ultra 2 is the first product of its category with price less than 1.000 euros equipped with the sophisticated chip of conversion D / A Asahi Kasei Microdevices AK4490 , With technology of 32 bits / 784 kHz, hitherto used in the most elitist designs. Among other refinements, the AK4490 integrates an "OSR Doubler" switched capacitance filter, which substantially reduces noise degradation due to "Noise Shaping", a process common to most audio components Digital), thus minimizing background noise up to 200 kHz. In addition, the new Pro-Ject includes a direct circuit path for DSD signals that allows to reproduce them avoiding the delta-sigma modulator, thus taking full advantage of the potential of the said monobit digital coding system. As a state-of-the-art digital processor, the DAC Box DS2 ultra supports DSD signals at 11.2 MHz (DSD256), while its USB input is asynchronous and uses the latest XMOS technology that allows transfer Audio data up to 32 bits / 768 kHz with an extremely low jitter rate and thus maximize the listening experience from computer sources. The digital connectivity of the new Pro-Ject is completed with 3 optical and 2 coaxial inputs. To finish, it is necessary to emphasize the completely metallic construction with very high quality machining of the DAC Box DS2 ultra, which in addition to increasing the physical attractiveness of the device, allows to minimize the influence of potential mechanical or electrical interferences.
- DAC High End of value for money.
- Equipped with Asahi Kasei AK4490 32-bit / 768 kHz D / A converter.
- Compatible with DSD signals up to DSD256 (via USB).
- Based on state-of-the-art XMOS technology to minimize noise.
- Resampling incoming signal up to 32 bits / 768 kHz.
- 5 user-selectable filtering options.
- Analog circuits executed with audiophile grade components.
- Digital inputs USB, coaxial and optical.
- Frequency response of 20-50,000 Hz, +0 dB, -1 dB.
- Separation between channels of 117 dB.
- Signal-to-noise ratio of 113 dB.
- Optional wooden side panels.
- Power supply optional Power Box DS2.
- Dimensions: 206x72x200 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 1'01 kg (without power supply).
- Color: White. Optional wooden side panels.