The Intona Hi-Speed Isolator is the worldwide 1st fully-integrated device for the galvanic isolation of the USB 2.0 bus in High-Speed mode @ 480 MBits/s.
In a PC - based audio set-up this product is highly interesting of course, when connecting a DAC to the USB bus. Our device fully isolates both data and power lines and is providing a "clean and stable" USB connection eliminating all potential issues such as ground loops and cross currents.
This is a real noticable and hearable enhancement to any system. 80% of our applications are so far in audio systems (20% industrial) and we have an overwhelming customer reaction when they are using our device for the 1st time.
The device is a simple plug and play solution, no drivers or installation needed, basically it behaves like a cable.In addition the device is developped, engineered and manufactured in Germany.
Previous isolators where limited to Full Speed (12 MBit/s) and Low Speed (1.5 MBit/s) transmission. This new product is capable of transmitting USB Hi-Speed (480 MBit/s) while providing full galvanic isolation of both the data and the power lines.
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Isolator withstands up to 2.5kVRMS
This product is an ideal solution to break ground loops, avoid noise coupling and protect ports from power surges and voltage spikes in applications which require high speed USB transfers. The galvanic isolation barrier withstands potential difference up to 2500VRMS.
- Provides galvanic isolation to the USB bus
- Compliant to USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (480 MBit/s)
- Backwards compatible to Full Speed and Low Speed
- Isolation withstands up to 2.5kVRMS
- Advanced ESD protection (15kV IEC Air-gap Discharge)
- Works out of the box, no drivers needed
- Transparent to host and device: wide compatibility to all operating systems, embedded systems and devices
- Works also with hubs and extenders
- Supports all USB-specific transfers and modes
- No additional round-trip latency
- Powered by USB bus, no separate power supply
- Ultra-quiet power rail isolation, linear regulation
- 300mA nominal (500mA max.) output current on isolated side
- Connectors: host-side USB-B; device-side USB-A
- Status LED for each port showing bus state and speed
- Impedance controlled high-speed circuit design
- National compliances: FCC, CE, RCM, ICES-003
- IP 54 ABS housing
- Dimensions: 135 x 90 x 46 mm
- Engineered and manufactured in Germany
- Industrial automation systems
- Measurement devices
- Environments requiring safety insulation
- Machine protection
- Broadcast and Studio
- Audiophile-grade home systems
- All applications requiring clean and stable USB connections with separate grounds