The Prima Luna ProLogue Premium CD Player/DAC obviously employs vacuum tubes. While we've seen this kind of thing before, mainly in the analog output stage, the ProLogue Premium CD Player/DAC employs 2 tubes to reduce jitter. Interesting no? "...the SuperTubeClock™ replaces the solid state oscillator normally found in a CD player's digital clocking device with a mini triode vacuum tube. By using a tube, we have significantly lowered the amount of jitter and noise, resulting in superior detail retreival. This in turn yields superior detail and dynamics from top to bottom, and improved overrall musicality."
The ProLogue Premium CD Player/DAC uses the Burr Brown PCM1792 DACs and delivers up to 24/192 playback via USB (USB input comes courtesy of the hiFace from M3Tech). Comes in silver or black with a removable tube cage.
- Equipped with PrimaLuna's exclusive SuperTubeClock vacuum valve-based timing scheme.
- 24 bit / 192 kHz D / A conversion circuitry.
- High quality sample rate converter.
- Executed with audiophile grade components.
- Inlet section with two 12AU7 valves per channel.
- Analog output section with double monophonic topology based on vacuum valves.
- Power supply with rectification circuits based on vacuum valves.
- Frequency response of 20-20,000 Hz, +/- 0’5 dB.
- Dynamic range greater than 120 dB.
- S / PDIF coaxial digital outputs and EIAJ-TosLink optics.
- Dimensions: 370x200x400 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 15 kg.