With an unmistakable design whose basic features are present in all models of the RPM range of the dynamic Austrian manufacturer Pro-Ject, the RPM 9 Carbon is a beautiful turntable that stands out, first of all, for its robust plinth, The base that supports the plate and the reading arm. Formed by a very special sandwich structure, the plinth of the RPM 9 Carbon is a prodigy of mechanoacoustic neutrality. Specifically, we are talking about a composite consisting of MDF and steel impregnated resin pellets that have been carbon fiber coated and heat treated. The RPM 9 Carbon also shines in its own light with a robust 7'2 kilo weight plate which, following Pro-Ject's tradition of high-end designs, combines acoustically inert aluminum with elastomer absorbent elements or Thermoplastic rubber, and a vinyl topcoat, the latter one of the hallmarks of the Central European firm. As for the reading arm, it is undoubtedly one of the strengths of the RPM 9 Carbon, and makes its value for money is unparalleled among products in its category. Specifically, the Pro-Ject mounts a sophisticated 9 "Evolution arm of the same brand that stands out for the conical profile of its carbon fiber tube and, like the plate, for an inverted shaft design. Traction, like all Pro-Ject turntables, is by belt, and the motor itself is AC powered, electronically controlled continuous current (33 and 45 rpm, 78 rpm optional).
- Turntables of very high performance and exceptional value for money.
- Strap drive with synchronous motor located in a separate block.
- Very high precision external power supply.
- Acoustically inert aluminum plate with TPE absorbing elements.
- Subchasis with antiresonant treatment and magnetic feet.
- Inverted bearing with ceramic bearing.
- 9 "Carbon Fiber Reading Arm manufactured by Pro-Ject.
- Electronically controlled 33 and 45 rpm spin speeds.
- Signal-to-noise ratio of 75 dB.
- Supplied as standard with RCA "5P Connect It CC" cables (optional XLR).
- Dimensions: 440x180x325 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 16.7 kg.