AMG V12 + 12JT Turbo Tonearm. Turntable with tonearm.
Precision engineering and classic design are embodied in the first turntable from AMG (Analog Manufaktur Germany), the Viella 12 or simply, V12. The AMG turntable line was created by a group of audio industry experts to advance the art of vinyl playback.
Werner Roeschlau, his son Julian Lorenzi and other master machinists developed the AMG products at their bespoke multi-story Bavarian factory located north of Munich.
All machining is done in-house, combining the latest Computer Aided Design and CNC machines with “classic analog” tools, including custom lathes and drill presses. Their factory has been manufacturing key, precision parts for some of the world’s most highly regarded turntables for over a decade. This expertise in the design and manufacture of turntables led to the AMG line, premiering with the Viella 12.
Julian Lorenzi, after years of experience working closely with his father, combined with his education and background, will carry on the AMG legacy as Managing Director.
The 12JT Turbo expands upon AMG’s patented tonearm design with improved sound and functionality. The new larger bearing assembly houses both the unique vertical bearing and a larger horizontal axle, featuring dual micro-ball bearing assemblies for enhanced stability and reduced friction. All critical parameters of the 12JT Turbo are accomplished with calibrated locking thumbscrews for added rigidity and precise adjustment. The 12JT Turbo is available with the Viella V12 turntable as the AMG V12 Turbo package, and can be fitted to other turntables with our CIRCLE Linn-style or OVAL SME-style adaptors.
- Vertical bearing design based on helicopter rotor bearings for precise alignment with the armwand
- Uses two 0.5 mm thick spring steel wires, allowing fine azimuth adjustment and eliminating bearing play
- Horizontal axle made from hardened tool steel and uses dual micro-ball bearing assemblies for enhanced stability and
- Extremely precise, maintenance-free, and never requires adjustment
- Constructed of top quality aircraft Aluminum
- Anodized finish for resonance control
- 13.9 gram effective mass
- 2-piece with Teflon-decoupled sleeve with thumbscrew adjustment
Copper Internal Wiring:
- Multiple gauges of high quality copper
- Decoupled via ring magnet and 2 bar magnets
- Magnetic fields isolated in patented bearing housing
- Calibrated locking thumbscrews for easy, tool-free adjustment
- Effective Length: 304.8mm
- Pivot to Spindle Length: 291.4mm
- Overhang: 13.4mm
- Offset Angle: 17.89 degrees
- Effective Mass: 13.9 grams
- Null Points: Inner: 66.04mm, Outer: 120.9mm