The collectors of records released in the prehistory of the High Fidelity have in the 2M 78 the perfect tool to rediscover their monophonic recordings Shellac of 78 rpm thanks to a configuration specifically conceived for it. This configuration is based on the use of an improved signal generation system developed by Ortofon that allows the same output signal to be delivered to any of the two available connector pairs. Together with a custom made 65-spherical needle, this system optimizes the reading of discs at 78 revolutions per second, whose perfect reproduction requires the use of larger reading points in any traditional stereo equipment. Also, like all other models of the 2M series, the 2M 78 is available in the version for mounting from the lower zone and in those arms where the fixing screws can not pass through the upper part of the capsule holder.
- Mobile magnet (MM) high performance monophonic capsule.
- Designed for 78 rpm Shellac monophonic vinyl records.
- Output voltage of 4 mV at 1 kHz and 5 cm / s.
- Frequency response of 20-20,000 Hz (cut-off points at -3 dB).
- Recommended Load Impedance: MM / 47 kohm.
- Load Capacitance: 150-300 pF.
- Tracking Skill: 70 um (at 315 Hz).
- Dynamic Compliance: 18 um / mN.
- Recommended Support Strength: 1.8 g.
- For moderate and low mass reading arms.
- PnP version (SME connection).
- Weight: 7.2 g.