Based on the exclusive Reference Anniversary, the Reference 5 SE is another exceptional electronics that is one of the most sophisticated and successful line preamplifier ranges ever created in the history of audio. With an aesthetic that reflects the classic and unmistakable look of Audio Research products, the Reference 5 SE incorporates state-of-the-art circuit solutions aimed at breaking new records in parameters such as grain absence, resolution power or dynamic range. Its circuit topology combines elements from both its predecessor, the celebrated Reference 5-, and the Reference Anniversary, with a balanced architecture and a hundred percent valves that, in combination with a massive power supply, help to redefine the state of the Art within the realizations of its class and price.
- Absolute reference line preamplifier.
- Circuit topology completely double monophonic and valves (5 double triodes 6H30P and 1 pentode 6550C) in pure Class A.
- Signal paths without feedback only discrete components made to measure for Audio Research.
- Frequency response of 0.5-5000 Hz, +0 dB, -3 dB.
- Input impedance of 120 kohms in balanced mode and 60 kohms in non-bal.
- Output impedance of 600 ohms in balanced mode and 300 ohms in unbalanced mode.
- Electrically regulated high and low voltage power supplies.
- 104 step volume control.
- Function display with fluorescent tubes.
- 12 dB gain in bal. And 6 dB in unbalanced mode.
- Balanced and unbalanced inputs and outputs.
- Dimensions: 480x178x394 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 13.9 kg.