Calypso is an all-tube linestage suitable for audio and home cinema systems. Fully balanced circuitry from input to output, including internal balancing of single-ended inputs, results in common mode signal rejection and cleaner sound. The innovative discrete switched resister volume control maximizes resolution at any listening level. Every input is both single-ended and balanced for greater versatility. Home theatre bypass mode, absolute phase setting and full function remote are added conveniences. The all-aluminum chassis is rigid, acoustically inert and simply beautiful.
- Fully balanced differential circuitry with ability to internally balance a single ended input signal.
- Zero feedback.
- Discrete switched resistor volume control with 88 1dB steps.
- All tube amplification and output (4 tubes total).
- Two sets of XLR and two sets of RCA outputs per channel.
- Bypass mode for home theatre processor throughput.
- Absolute phase, selectable via front panel or remote control.
- Full function remote included.
- Available in black or silver faceplate.
Calypso is available in three versions: Standard, Signature and Eclipse.
The standard version uses high-grade Rel-Cap polypropylene coupling capacitors. The Signature version uses exotic and expensive coupling capacitors and other critical parts to bring the performance to a higher level.
All versions of Calypso can be factory upgraded to Signature.