With an impressive presence touched by the unmistakable "vintage" touch of Audio Research, the Reference 750 is a product that takes advantage of a series of innovations in the world of vacuum valves that have revolutionized the sound aesthetics associated with this type of dispositives. This is the case of the 16 KT120 power valves, in turn powered by two paired KT120s which, working on the classic Audio Research AB class push-pull scheme, allow the Reference 750 to deliver a whopping 750 watts continuous About 8 ohms. The input section combines very low noise JFET transistors with a 6H30 double triode while the 6H30 of the power supply is controlled by a 6H30 and a 6550WE for regulation. All this in the context of a total energy reserve of 1,300 joules that ensures the preservation of the most brutal dynamic contrasts. The result of this obsession to bring to the limit the reproduction of music is a sound that comes as few as the best live performance from both a tonal and spatial point of view and from brute force.
- Monophonic power stage designed and built without any compromise based entirely on state-of-the-art vacuum valves.
- Equipped with 16 KT120 valves for the power amplification section, 2 KT120 valves for the driver section, 2 6H30 valves for the input and regulation stages and 1 6550WE valve for regulation.
- 2 a. Front to display the output power, mains voltage and polarization settings of the pot valves.
- LCD display on the post panel. To control the hours of operation of the power valves.
- Output power of 750 W RMS over 8 ohms.
- Frequency response of 15-150,000 Hz (cut-off points at -3 dB).
- Total negative feedback rate of 13 dB.
- 1.5 microsecond rise time.
- Noise level less than -110 dB below rated output.
- Dimensions: 343x584x528 mm (W x H x D).
- Net weight: 77.2 kg.