Replacing the celebrated Reference 110 model, one of Audio Research's most celebrated stereo power stages, the Reference 150 offers more power output, greater dynamic thrust, more vivid and higher-resolution sound presentation, superior fineness And quieter operation. On the other hand, the use of a chassis of identical dimensions to the Reference 110 does not prevent the Reference 150 from being much more "full" than its predecessor while the refined appearance of its front panel is a reflection of updating Aesthetics of the latest generation models of the legendary American firm.
From a circuital point of view, the Reference 150 is a fully balanced design, so it only incorporates XLR inputs. On the other hand, the energy storage capacity has multiplied by two with respect to the Reference 110, being in total about 1040 joules. Completely new stage coupling capacitors using materials and technologies incorporated for the first time in the exclusive Audio Research Anniversary Edition preamplifier seamlessly link the inlet to the outlet section, the latter consisting of two paired quartzs of KT120 power valves Excited by double triodes 6H30.
- Stereophonic power stage to absolute reference valves.
- Circuitry based on the innovations incorporated in the exclusive Reference Anniversary preamplifier.
- Fully balanced circuit architecture.
- 4 KT120 power valves and two double 6H30 triodes per channel.
- Transformers output very wide band pass.
- Terminals for connection of 16, 8 and 4 ohm speakers.
- Output power of 2x150 continuous watts.
- Frequency response of 0-5-120,000 Hz (cut-off points at -3 dB and 1 W).
- Rise time 2 microseconds.
- -114 dB noise level.
- 1,040 Joules power storage capacity.
- Dimensions: 483x222x495 mm (W x H x D).
- Weight: 34.2 kg.