A high quality aptX Bluetooth upgrade for the PRE60 preamplifier, NP30 network player and the MM30 equipped network streaming versions of the I32 integrated amplifier and PRE32 pre-amplifier. It takes the form of a small internal circuit board and external antenna (for improved reception), which installs easily, the threaded antenna input replacing the FM/DAB terminal on the MM30 fascia and using a vacant (pre-prepared) portal on the back panel of the PRE60 and NP30.
For compatibility with Primare’s high-performance audio design, the receiver-only module supports high quality Bluetooth via aptX, AAC, MP3 but rather than use an integrated DAC (as employed by other BT upgrades) the output is fed to the product’s own Sample Rate Converter and up-sampled to 192kHz for optimum performance through the existing high resolution DACs. In this way Primare’s Bluetooth Upgrade is among the most audiophile available, adding excellent Bluetooth sound quality to the convenience of wireless Bluetooth connections.
Following an easy software update via the PrimareApp, the BT input is added to the product control menu in a discrete BT section, which allows for the renaming of the input for the product display and the also the BT connection. The OLED display will show the device name and also indicate if the device supports AAC or aptX.
- Supports aptX, AAC, MP3 for high quality Bluetooth audio.
- The upgrade comes with an external antenna for better reception.
- The Primare BT Upgrade is a receiver only. The incoming signal is fed to the product’s SRC, is up-sampled to 192kHz and then runs through the product’s high performance DACs.
- Installation is easy; software update is through the PrimareApp or from the MENU.
- BT input is added to the product MENU, BT-input name and Bluetooth name are editable
- OLED display will show device name.
- If the device supports AAC or aptX it will pop up on the OLED display.