The third model in the KANN family of portable “Hi-Res” audio players from Astell & Kern, characterized by incorporating a powerful separate headphone amplifier, the KANN ALPHA is the first model from the prestigious South Korean firm to be equipped with a 4-inch Pentaconn headphone jack. '4 mm. Powered by a state-of-the-art 4-core processor, the KENN ALPHA puts unprecedented flexibility of use in the hands of the user, in conjunction with a 5-inch diagonal high-definition touchscreen, 64 GB of internal storage memory (with possibility of expansion by another 1 TB via microSD card), compatibility with the DLNA protocol and generous connectivity. In terms of supported file formats, the new Astell & Kern supports playback of recordings in native PCM up to 32-bit / 384 kHz and native DSD up to DSD256, while incorporating LED lighting around the volume control wheel. / management to reflect –activating in red, green, blue and purple- relevant information about the volume level and the binary transfer speed of the musical theme being played. Equipped with a tailor-made version of the Android 9.0 operating system, optimized for music playback, the KANN ALPHA offers the user an autonomy of 14.5 hours on a single charge. As is customary at Astell & Kern, the KANN ALPHA has taken special care of the quality of the critically important components in terms of sound, highlighting in this regard the two ES9068AS D / A conversion “chips” from the American ESS Technology arranged in Dual mono setup to provide a wider soundstage and improve stereo separation, while optimizing the potential of MQA “Hi-Res” audio encoding.
• “Hi-Res” portable audio player with an exceptional quality / price ratio.
• Capable of reproducing PCM signals bit by bit up to 32 bits / 384 kHz.
• Capable of reproducing DSD signals bit by bit up to DSD256 (11'2 MHz).
• Supports MQA “Hi-Res” audio encoding.
• Managed by a quad-core processor.
• Printed circuit board with optimized signal paths.
• Equipped with two ESS Technlogy ESS9068AS D / A conversion “chips”.
• “Hi-Res” wireless connectivity -LDAC and aptX HD- via Bluetooth 5.0.
• Balanced outputs for 2.5 and 4.4 mm Pentaconn connectors.
• 64 GB internal memory expandable by 1 TB extra via microSD card.
• Body built in aluminum.
• 5 inch (127 mm) high definition touch screen.
• Frequency response: 20-70,000 Hz, +/- 0.15 dB (balanced mode).
• Crosstalk: -136 dB at 1 kHz (balanced mode).
• Signal / noise ratio: 117 dB at 1 kHz (balanced mode).
• Battery with 14'5 hours of autonomy.
• Dimensions: 68'3x117x25 mm (W x H x D).
• Weight: 316 g.