Here are three simple steps to find out if the Supreme Sound Opamp (SSO) will work for you.
- Identify the op-amp inside your component.
- Is it an 8-pin IC chip like the one below highlighted in red?
- Take note of the model number of the op-amp highlighted in yellow
- Take note of the pin-1 indicator with a half-cut circle highlighted in blue
- Determine if you need a dual-SS op-amp or a single-SS op-amp
The SS Opamp is directly replaceable with the following opamps
AD823, AD823AN, AD8066, AD8620, AD712, AD827, C4570, JRC4556AD, JRC4580, JRC5532, JRC5532D, JRC5534, LF353, LM4562, LME49860, LM833N, MUSES8920, NE5532, NEC4520, NEC4570, NJM2068D, NJM2114, NJM2214D, NJM4558, NJM4558D, NJM4560, NJM5532, NJM4558P, OP275, OPA1612, OPA2277PA, OPA2132, OPA2134, OPA2604, JRC4558, RC4558D, RC4558P, TL052, TL072, MUSES01, MUSES02, MUSES8820, MUSES8920, MUSES8832, BA15532
If your op-amp isn’t listed above let us know the model number and details of your project and we’ll be happy to help you.
NE5534, LT1122, TL071, OPA134, OPA627, AD811, AD829, AD844, OPA604, AD8610, AD711, AD797, LME49990, LME49710
1. Make sure you have the right SS Op-Amp
– V5-OPA-D = dual Version Op-Amp = suitable to replace dual version chip opamps
– V5-OPA-S = single Version Op-Amp – suitable to replace single version chip opamps
2. Plug it in the right direction
Align the half moon marking on the PCB or IC socket to the half moon cut out on the SS Op-Amp enclosure (refer to photo below)
3. Register the SS Op-Amp for a life-time of warranty
Only by completing this simple registration via this link (http://www.bursonaudio.com/warranty-diy/), will your SS Op-Amps be covered for life.
Please note that not following the first 2 steps above will certainly destroy the SS Op-amp, such cases will not be covered by our warranty.
Optional Tweaks for your SS Opamp
Full Article Here