Advertencia: ¡últimas unidades en stock!
Fecha de disponibilidad:
Lyra Delos Cápsula MC
Lyra Delos - The 6th Generation of Lyra Cartridge Design!
New Suspension Design = Great Sound
This special new design in the Lyra Delos allows the coils of the cartridge to stay aligned with the magnetic circuit while the tracking force is applied. What does this mean? Well, in a nutshell, it means Lyra head designer Jonathan Carr has discovered a way to keep the angles in perfect alignment at all times. This allows the Delos to track better; clearly improving sound quality, particularly low-level resolution, dynamic range, transient impact, and immediacy. This is no subtle advance, and one you?ll soon see creeping its way up into the more expensive Lyra line. Hear for yourself how a newer, better angle on LP reproduction can sound.
A bit more detailed information:
While vinyl records played back with an MC cartridge can sound exceptionally good, it is a surprising fact that the design of conventional MCs restricts the sound quality that can be achieved from LPs.
An essential factor for proper operation of an MC cartridge is the angle between the magnetic circuit, signal coils and core. Performance is optimal when the angles are all aligned, but any significant difference in the angles will cause the formation of a strong and directional flux that will flow constantly from the magnetic circuit into the signal core. This directional magnetic flux will orient the core toward a specific direction and make it impossible for the core to move with equal ease in all directions, which is necessary for proper cartridge performance.
Unfortunately, conventional MC cartridges have been designed so that the angles between the magnetic circuit, signal coils and core become aligned only when tracking force is not applied. The result is that during playback, the required tracking force causes the angle between magnetic circuit, signal coils and core to become misaligned. This limits the cartridge's resolution, tracking ability and dynamic range.
The new Lyra Delos is designed to conquer this problem. Compared to conventional cartridges, the Delos has a new body structure with an unusually shallow angle, and this has been paired with a unique asymmetrical damping system. When no tracking force is applied, the shape of the asymmetrical dampers forces the signal coils and core into a more upright angle than the magnetic circuit. However, no tracking force applied means that the cartridge is not operating, and therefore any angular discrepancies between magnetic circuit, signal coils and core will have no effect on performance. When tracking force is applied, however, the force of the stylus pushing on the LP causes the asymmetrical dampers to be deformed into a symmetrical shape, and when this happens the angular discrepancies between magnetic circuit, signal coils and core all disappear. Since tracking force applied means that the cartridge is now operating, it should be clear that the design of the Delos is able to keep the angles between the magnetic circuit, signal coils and core aligned during playback.
Keeping the proper angular alignment prevents the formation of any strong and directional flux that could otherwise flow constantly from the magnetic circuit into the signal core, and enables the Delos' core to move with equal ease in all directions, for optimal performance.
The Delos also has a Microridge stylus on a boron cantilever for outstanding tracking, a non-parallel solid machined metal body for low resonances, and 6-N high-purity copper coils and nude construction for greater clarity. The result is clearly improved sound quality, particularly resolution, tracking ability, dynamic range, transient impact and immediacy.
- Designer: Jonathan Carr
- Builder: Yoshinori Mishima (final build, testing), Akiko Ishiyama (primary build)
- Type: Medium weight, medium compliance, low-impedance moving coil cartridge
- Frequency range: 10Hz - 50kHz
- Channel separation: 30dB or better at 1kHz
- Cantilever system: Solid boron rod with Namiki microridge line-contact stylu (2.5um x 75um) and one-point suspension, directly mounted to cartridge body
- Coil: 6N high-purity copper, 8.2ohms internal impedance, 9.5uH inductance
- Output voltage: 0.6mV @ 5cm/sec. (CBS test record)
- Compliance: Approx. 12 x 10 cm/dyne at 100Hz
- Vertical tracking angle: 20 degrees
- Cartridge body: One-piece machining from solid aluminum billet
- Cartridge weight (without stylus cover): 7.3g
- Recommended tracking force: 1.7g - 1.8g (1.75g preferred)
- Recommended load directly into MC phono input: 91ohms - 47kohm
- Recommended load via step-up transformer: 5 - 15ohm
- Recommended tonearm: High-quality pivoted or linear (tangential) tone arm with rigid bearing(s), adjustable anti-skating force, preferably VTA adjustment
No hay reseñas de clientes en este momento.